SMD School is wholly funded by donors and sponsors from 26 countries around the world. In addition to becoming a regular donor and/or sponsor of one or several of our students, we also welcome project specific support. For example:
- FUNDRAISE: Hold a yearly fundraiser for SMD School as a whole or for a specific school fund (e.g. Building Fund, Higher Education Fund) or project. For ideas, see our Urgently Needed List and Wish List >
- GROW THE NETWORK: Share this website, share our Facebook page. Spread our story among your family, friends and networks and get them excited about our kids and yearly sponsorship. See some of our kids who still need sponsors >
- BE A YAK: On your next trip to Nepal, check in with us ahead of time to see what supplies we might need (you can also check our Wish List), gather the items from your network, and bring them with you.
- FIND A HOST SCHOOL & BE A HOST PARENT: Every year, we are looking for top international IB host schools to take a few of our brightest graduating grade 10’s on full scholarship so they may finish Grade 11 & 12 and receive their high school diploma, gaining invaluable international experience in the process. These students stay in boarding and get to visit their Host Parents on holidays and/or weekends while also receiving mentorship, guidance and support from them as much as needed. Read more about our SMD ‘Senior’ students here >
- OTHER: Please contact us directly to discuss how else you may bring capacity and skills to support us.